Your cart is currently empty
Product image slideshow Items
Tongue scraping is a quick and easy habit that improves your oral ecology and your well-being.
The Copper Tongue Scraper is a magic mouth wand ready to transform your tongue into a toxin-free bed of awakened taste buds!
“The tongue is the mirror to all the organs of the body.” Deepak Chopra
Tongue scraping eliminates bad breath, prevents cavities, improves internal organ function, and aids digestion. Adding this practice to your daily oral care regimen is a simple, powerful way to improve your sense of taste, monitor your internal health, and remove periodontal plaque.
Living Libations Copper Tongue Scraper is a magic wand for your cleanest mouth ever!
The tongue is one of the most neglected organs in the body. Brushing, flossing, and even mouth wash are often not enough to remove harmful bacteria or build-up on the tongue. With a few simple scrapes, you can revitalize your tongue, teeth, and mouth, and protect the internal organs directly linked to tongue health.
Tongue scraping is an ancient Ayurvedic oral care remedy that rids the mouth of bacteria and build-up that contribute to poor oral ecology. It is a painless process to remove dead skin cells, food particles, fungus, and bacteria from the surface of the tongue.
This Copper Tongue Scraper is your taste buds’ best friend! It removes the foul-smelling film that collects on the tongue and promotes bad breath. It also enhances taste bud performance and sensitivity. Once freed to function optimally, each taste bud can receive strong flavor signals from food, and this may lower the need for added salt and sugar for flavor. In Ayurvedic tradition, heightened taste bud sensitivity also supports weight loss; when the tongue experiences every delicious flavor, every bite is savored and quality of food is appreciated over quantity.
Tongue scraping may also improve immune function. Ayurvedic tradition teaches that each area of the tongue corresponds to an internal organ. By scraping the entire tongue, each of these organs is awakened and revitalized, leading to a myriad of body benefits including better digestion and better bowel movements.
Copper is naturally anti-microbial and has a long history of regulating fungi, micro-organisms, and other bacterium. It has been used on sailing ships to prevent algae from accumulating above and below deck. More recently, copper has been found to be effective against staphylococcus, the virus that causes MRSA.
In Ayurvedic tradition, copper is the metal associated with the Kapha dosha.
How to Scrape Your Tongue
1. Check tongue for changes. Before scraping, examine your tongue in the mirror. Note the color of your tongue and the texture of any film or buildup. Look at your tongue every time you scrape so you can closely monitor its health.
2. Scrape back to front. The majority of bacteria that collect on the tongue hang out near the back where it is dark and warm. Gently glide across the surface of the tongue, scraping from the back to the front.
4. Rinse between each scrape. Rinse the scraper with warm water to remove the residue that has collected on the scraper.
5. Repeat 7 to 10 times. You may find that quick strokes of the scraper are more effective at removing buildup than one long scrape.
6. Wash. Use soap and warm water to cleanthe Copper Tongue Scraper after each use. Use one of these natural sanitizers on the scraper once a month:
For best results, scrape your tongue with a Copper Tongue Scraper every time you brush your teeth. By taking a twice-daily look at your tongue, you will readily spot changes that may be indicative of infections and imbalances that commonly manifest as a discolored, mucus-covered, or fuzzy looking tongue.